Peach Ginger Glazed Ham
1 HORMEL® CURE 81® Classic Boneless Ham
2 teaspoons whole cloves
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons brown mustard
½ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 cup peach nectar
1 cup peach preserves
5 cups frozen peach slices
2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
1 hot cherry pepper, seeded and minced
1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
1. Heat the oven to 300°F Use knife to score top of ham in a diamond pattern. Press cloves into the ham and place on roasting rack.
2. Bake for 1 ½ to 2 hours in the preheated oven, or until the internal temperature of the ham has reached 140°F
3. Mix together the cinnamon, mustard and ½ cup of brown sugar in a cup or small bowl. Set aside. In saucepan over medium heat, mix together the remaining brown sugar, cider vinegar, peach nectar and peach preserves. Bring to a boil. Stir in the sliced peaches, ginger, cherry pepper and the cinnamon stick. Simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the peaches are tender and the sauce has thickened.
4. Remove ham from the oven and brush liberally with the mustard glaze. Increase the oven temperature to 300°F and return ham to the oven, uncovered.
5. Bake for an additional 20 to 30 minutes, or until glaze is bubbly. Allow the ham to rest for 15 to 20 minutes before carving. Serve with hot peach-Ginger sauce.